The Date Jar: A Great Way to Spice Up Date Nights!

My boyfriend and I are definitely bargain hunters, but we also love going out on dates whenever we can. Whether it's to a new restaurant we want to try out, go explore a new hiking trail, or do something a little more cheesy like visit a botanical garden! There's so many great date night ideas that are cheap or quite inexpensive. One day I decided to try out Pinterest again. Not much longer I got addicted to the site! I found so many great ideas for so many different things. I found a lot of great dates ideas for different seasons and dates on a budget. During my journey through Pinterest, I came across the idea of a "date jar" which all you needed was a nice jar, some popsicle sticks, and some markers. What I did with my date jar was to make a list of 3 categories: cheap, average priced, and more pricey. The list of ideas for the cheap dates under $25 were a lot longer than the other two categories mainly because Steven and I already had a long list of cheap date ideas we made a couple months ago. There are of course quite a few dates we want to go on that are more expensive and in the right time frame we can go out and do, when the time is right of course. This is why is we color coded the popsicle sticks indicating price range. So when we want to go on more expensive dates we can choose from those colors.

Blue = Cheap Dates ($25 and under) $

Pink = Average Priced Dates ($40 or more) $$

Green = More Pricey Dates ($50 or more) $$$

All you need are a few simple materials to make the date jar!

  • Mason Jar
  • Colorful Markers
  • A Sharpie
  • Ribbon/Stickers/Glitter (optional)




Steven and I made this jar together one night randomly. It was really fun because although I had already wrote out a list that we've made before and I just added to it and I asked for Steven for more options he's been thinking about. We've so far used the date jar night jar for our 5 month anniversary! It's a creative way to spice up date nights, especially if you run out of some creativity for a little while.

Make a jar of your own! It's fun to make and super simple and easy to do! Craft night is also a great and lighthearted date :)



Comments

Popular Posts